Download Visa forms
Citizens of Australia , who intend to visit Sri Lanka for a short stay for any of the following purposes, must obtain ETA prior to arrival. The applicants themselves or a third party on their behalf can apply for ETA by submitting an ETA application online via the ETA website. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR SRI LANKAN VISAS?
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if –
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
APPLYING FOR ETA AT SRI LANKA CONSULATE GENERAL IN MELBOURNE
If there are any difficulties in applying ETA system or any person who wishes to obtain Business visa from the Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne can obtain visa by the post or in person at the Mission visa counter. (This visa will be granted for a maximum period of 90 days)
If applying for ETA visa at the Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne , the following need to be submitted;
- Duly completed visa application form – Download application
- Passport of Applicant valid for not less than of 6 months from the date of arrival
- Two recent passport-size colour photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant.
- A Confirmed return ticket
- A Letter from the Australian Authority or Business Partner
- A letter from the company/organisation in Sri Lanka recommending the issuance of visa to the applicant.
Visa fee as applicable, payable by cash, bank cheque (Personal or Company cheque not accepted) or money order to the “Consulate General of Sri Lanka”
Application for visa should be submitted at least seven working days prior to date of departure.
ETA PROCESSING FEE AND SHORT VISIT VISA FEE
ETA processing fee and Short Business Visa fee charged by the Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne.
|ETA Processing Fee.||Visa Fee|
|South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Countries.||Australia & All Other Countries.||Australia||Reciprocal Visa Fee (All Other Countries)|
|1||Business Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.||AUS$ 45||AUS$ 60||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|2||Business Visa with Single Entry up to 90 days.||AUS$ 45||AUS$ 60||Relevant country fee||Relevant country fee|
|3||Business Visa with Double Entry up to 90 days.||AUS$ 45||AUS$ 60||Twice the relevant country fee||Twice the relevant country fee|
|4||Business Visa with Multiple Entry up to 90 days.||AUS$ 45||AUS$ 60||Thrice the relevant country fee||Thrice the relevant country fee|
|Country||Amount AUD||Country||Amount AUD||Country||Amount AUD||Country||Amount AUD|
|Armenia Republic of||50.00||Germany||38.00||Myanmar||29.00||Ukraine||64.00|
|Australia||43.00||Ghana||27.00||Namibia||22.00||United Arab Emirates||230.00|
|Brunei||13.00||Iran||22.00||Papua New Guinea||25.00||Zimbabwe||57.00|
|Congo||90.00||Korea Democratic Republic of||71.00||Saudi Arabia||75.00|
|Costa Rica||3.00||Korea Republic of||43.00||Senegal||22.00|
|Cote D’ Ivories||34.00||Kuwait||15.00||Singapore||–|
|Czech Republic of||–||Lebanon||47.00||South Africa||62.00|
|Mexico||51.00||Trinidad & Tobago||20.00|