NEW PASSPORT FOR UNDER AGE (MINOR APPLICATIONS)
Children below the age of 16 can be deleted from their parents’ passport. This can only be done at the time of applying for a new passport.
“Form K” could be obtained as a PDF Document by clicking on the link (Download Here)
Parents who has child information endorsed in their passport should delete their child information from their passport, by submitting a “Form C” along with the child new passport application “Form C” could be obtained as a PDF Document by clicking on the link (Download Here)
Parents who are applying for a new passport along with the child’s passport do not require to delete their child’s details, since they also will be issued with a new passport.
DOCUMENT TO BE ATTACHED
1. Sri Lanka Birth Certificates of child – issued by the Registrar General, District Registrar, Divisional Registrar should be submitted. Photocopies / copies certified by other parties / translations will not be accepted.Note: Passports will be issued as per the name appears on the Original Sri Lankan Birth Certificate unless the name change has been done on the same by the Registrar General in Sri Lanka. Any change of names done abroad or the person’s current usage of a different name in a document issued by a foreign government will not be taken into consideration when issuing new passports
2. Citizenship Certificate – if the child was born outside Sri Lanka, the Citizenship Certificate issued by the Citizenship Division of the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Colombo. (A copy of recent payment receipt for Citizenship Registration is accepted)
3. Parents’ marriage certificate
4. both parents passport copies or an affidavit if passport not obtained – Passport should be submitted along with one sets of photocopies of the following pages: pages: Photo page, observation page if endorsed, pages relating to particulars of children.
5. A Letter of Consent signed by the both parents
6. Death Certificate If the spouse has expired.
7. Divorce Certificate/Court decision together with the order of Custodianship of the child/children if parents are divorced.
8. If applying to include an adopted child, following additional documents are required;
a. Certificate of Adoption
b. The court order
c. A letter from the Commissioner of Probation and Child Care
9. “VEVO” (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) (if availabel) from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship in Australia(Please visit).This certificate can be obtained free of charge from the Australian Immigration website in a PDF format, This should be a recent one, obtained not more than a month prior to submitting the application for passport to this Consulate General in Melbourne.
10. Dual Citizenship Certificate – If the child is a Dual Citizen – the Dual Citizenship Certificate
11. Foreign passport copy-observation page of foreign passport copy (if available)
Fees for issuing Travel Documents
Passport All Countries AUD $ 135.00
Penalty fee of A$5 will be applicable for each year, maximum period of 5 years from expiry.
Payment should be made in Cash at the counter or by Postal Orders/ Bankers Draft drawn in favour of the “Consulate General of Sri Lanka” if sent by post. Personal or Company cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
1. New passports can also be issued for children who are already included in the parent’s passports or for those who were born in Australia and have obtained the Sri Lanka Birth Certificate and Sri Lanka Citizenship certificate issued by the Citizenship Division in Colombo, after registering their birth at this Mission or Sri Lanka High Commission in Canberra.
2. Validity of a passport cannot be extended beyond 10 years from the date of its issue. If the passport is due to expire after 10 years or if there are no pages for visa endorsements or the photograph of the applicant appears different, a new passport should be obtained.
3. Sri Lankan citizens who have applied and gained refuge or asylum status in Australia are NOT entitled to a Sri Lankan Passport or to renew validity of an existing passport in accordance with new Sri Lankan Immigration Rules. However, they are eligible to apply for temporary travel documents for the sole purpose of returning to Sri Lanka.
4. Applications for new passports should be made well in advance of the expiry of the current passport
Once your application is accepted;
1. It will be forwarded to the Overseas Missions Division of the Immigration and Emigration Department in Colombo. If all the required documents are submitted, it normally takes around 8-10 weeks to receive the new passport. This Mission cannot guarantee the issuance of a passport within a specific period.
Note: During the processing of new passports the Controller Immigration and Emigration cancels the old passport and therefore applicants are advised to refrain from traveling to Sri Lanka until the receipt of the new passport
2. Once we receive your new passport at this mission you will be informed in writing or by phone. You are required to bring the current passport/emergency passport (if retained by you) along with your Cash Receipt to this Mission on any working day between 9.30 a.m. & 1.30 p.m. in order to collect your new passport.
3. On your request, your new passport & current passport/emergency passport may be returned to you by post.Note: The Mission will not take any responsibility for documents lost in the post.