A. POLICE CLEARANCE REPORT
You can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate from the Police Head Quarters of Sri Lanka for a period or periods of residence in Sri Lanka.
B. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Applicants who left the country before the age of “16” should submit the duly completed application form/s together with the supporting documents given (Please refer Section “D”) to the Consulate Office in Melbourne.
All other applicants can submit their application online using the Sri Lanka Police e-services link below.
clicking on the link to “submit your application online”
C. APPLICATION FORMS
Application for Police Clearance Certificate can be obtained as a PDF Document by clicking on the link(Download Here)
Guidelines for completing the form
D. DOCUMENT TO BE ATTACHED
1. Two copies of your National Identity Card;
2. Copy of valid passport;
3. If you have changed your name or if there are discrepancies in your name or if you need to apply for a Police Clearance report under any other name than the one appear in your National Identity Card or Passport you will have to sworn in an
affidavit to confirm your name in such cases affidavit should be attached with the
application; a copy of a valid document such as copy of a bank account, driving license etc to prove the existence of such a name should also be attached.
E. PAYMENT DETAILS
Fees for issuing Police Clearance Certificate is A$ 70/=.
Payment should be made in Cash at the counter of the Consulate General or by Postal Orders/ Bankers Draft drawn in favour of the “Consulate General of Sri Lanka” if sent by post.
Personal or Company cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
F. Once your application is accepted:
1. The application will be forwarded to the Police Head Quarters in Colombo. The Police will then process your application. The Consulate General cannot mention or assure a specific time period for issuance of a Police Clearance Certificate, for further information please contact
2. Once we receive your Police Clearance Certificate at this Office, you will be informed in writing or by phone. You are required to bring the Cash Receipt to this Office on any working day between 9.30 a.m. & 1.30 p.m. in order to collect your certificate.
3. If you are unable to collect the certificate personally you should authorize your representative in writing to collect your certificate on your behalf. The representative should provide an authorization letter along with the Cash Receipt and his/her photo identification.
4. At your request, your certificate may be returned to you by post.
Note: This Office will not take any responsibility for documents lost in the post.
Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to the citizenship status is an offense. Such cases will be reported to relevant authorities and payment will not be refunded.